Walnut


Wood has a certain quality, feel, look that fibre glass can not compete with.  Carbon does come close but wood is good!  Therefore, I have compromised the weight ever so slightly and veneered the decks with Walnut.  The rear deck was glued in place two days ago and yesterday received one layer of 80g/m2 fibre glass.  This morning prior to a refreshing walk around a very wind swept South Gower coast I glued on the fore deck and will glass that this evening.  Looks as if the next week will be spent applying another couple of coats of resin and plenty of sanding prior to painting.  I must mention that I almost paid £48 for Epifanes paint inc delivery but clicking another page over certainly paid off,  I managed to purchase the same 2K paint inc delivery from   Norfolk Marine eleven pounds cheaper.